Thursday, July 30, 2009

Musings of a Mommy

So I think that my oldest may be getting a touch of sibling rivalry. Whenever we are talking to, holding, etc his younger brother he has to insert himself completely into Ryan's face or our faces. While I don't want him to feel left out I have a thing about personal space. I am not a fan of "close talkers" and that is precisely what Jack has been doing. Not sure what to do about it...

I have been reading books on parenting. It suggested asking them if they understand instead of chance to say NO. So I tried it...it works but the book never said what to do when they do say NO. Especially when it is something you know they understand-like pick up your toys.

The things Jack has been saying lately that humor me
  • watch me, you watch me
  • no monsters in der?
  • I'm (fill in the blank: fireman, superman, etc) you (fill in the blank)
  • That's my favorite
  • You my friend? He's my friend.
  • My broder sleeping, bit, (which means spit up....I kept tell him Ryan can't bite yet) crying, etc.

Ryan is growing like a weed. He is not even four months yet and he is starting to bust out of 6 month clothes. He also has so many fat rolls in his chin he has what can only be called a diaper rash between the rolls. =( He is starting to coo and laugh constantly which is so fun to watch. He is so good natured.

All in all I am feeling completely blessed.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You'd better be coughing up photos of baby #2 or I'm going to open up a can of whoop ass on you now. You wouldn't want that, would you? :)