Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Potty Pirate

Arrrghhh....Blimey, teaching ye little ones is enough to make a Captain want to drink ye self sick with grog or take a trip to Davey Jones Locker.

Yesterday was day 2 of the "Potty Project". The morning started out fantastic, Jack woke up by going to the bathroom right away. He ate breakfast and then of course when I tried to get him dressed he did his typical "Nudie Dudie" dance and ran from me. I decided FINE~ don't get dressed. He then was asking for a pull-up so I was pretty sure he had to poop. So I made him walk around naked. Well he must have been afraid I would make him walk the plank because he eventually pooped on the potty. I was stoked. He stayed dry through nap. But from 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 he managed to pee on my carpet twice, the couch, the hard wood floor, and his train table. Needless to say, I was excited to have back up. The evening ended okay.

On a side note, my favorite thing he said yesterday was a run on sentence of sorts. A two year olds mind runs rampant. He often jumps from one topic to the next. Everyday I ask Tom and Jack "Did you have a good day?" So "Have good day." has become one of Jack's sayings. He also because of potty training has been constantly fiddling with his pee-pee. As he stood before me naked he said "I touch my pee-pee, have a good day, I go work......" Well I am sure for some people they have a good day if they touch their pee-pee too.

This morning Jack did not seem to excited about potty training. He did go potty though and then promptly said "I get sticker." Yep....we followed the same procedure. He generally has his BM about 15 minutes after he eats so I got him undressed. I had him sit on the potty, he peed but no poopy. He asked for a pull-up but I told him after you get dressed. Needless to say it was taking a while. I wanted to shower so I put the potty chair in the living room in front of Dora and the other potty chair in my bedroom in front of Dora.
"If you have to go poopy, sit on the potty. Okay? Where does poopy go?"
"In da potteee. Otay Mommy."
I went upstairs to shower. When I came out Jack was in my bedroom. I asked him "Did the poopy come yet?" "Nope" I made him sit on the potty and it still didn't come so I thought maybe he didn't need to poop so I got him dressed. When we eventually went back downstairs it took me a little while but then I finally noticed it....The poopy was on my hard wood floor.
"Jack did you go poopy on Mommy's floor?"
"Uh huh."
" Where does the poopy go?"
"In da-potteeee"
"Why didn't you tell Mommy?"
" I don know."

Fast forward to leaving the house. I try to convince Jack to put on a pull-up just in case but he insisted on wearing his Superman underwear. So I let him. As we were pulling out of my sister in laws he said "Mommy I not go poopy." I asked him if he had to go and he assured me he did not. We got to Costco and I go to get him out and he was soaked. I quickly reviewed the concept of where pee-pee goes and then quickly changed his clothes and put on a pull-up. When we left I didn't think to check his car seat. When we got out at Kohl's he was soaked. I grabbed a pair of shorts and walked to the customer service and paid for the new shorts and into the bathroom we went. I changed the shorts and then promptly put my son on the potty. Well apparently he really had to go and the stream was pretty powerful. He didn't have it pushed down quite far enough. Well those brand new dry shorts quickly became wet pee-pee covered shorts. I took a deep breath wiped them with a wet paper towel. We went back into the store grabbed 3 more pairs of shorts (they were the nylon gym shorts and they were $4.00) finished my shopping and then checked out. Got to the car and changed our clothes AGAIN, sat on an extra t-shirt and headed home. Needless to say the evening went a LITTLE more smoothly. =)

1 comment:

Megan said...

This sounds exhausting. I need a drink just reading about it! Do you just have a sippy cup of margarita mix on the ready ... just in case?