Sunday, December 12, 2010

Conversations with an almost 4 year old

Jack is quickly approaching 4. It's weird that you can actually have a full on conversation and he tells stories that are actually quite detailed. Here a a few of his funny ones.

J: Mommy, today Ryan P kicked me in the "knuckles" it hurt so bad.
M: Did you tell Miss Carrie?
J: No, Miss Carrie was driving bus and Miss Kim was going home. So I told Miss Jackie.
M: What happened?
J: She said "Not nice, Ryan go sit on the bench." Then she got me a boo-boo ice and I put it on my pee-pee. It hurts to get kicked in the "knuckles"
M: I guess so


M: Jack, Santa is watching. Do you want to be on his nice list or his naughty list?
J: Maybe his naughty list
M: If you are on naughty list you don't get any presents.
J: Hmmm maybe the nice list.

An indication that my child has too many toys. At his birthday party he opened the Batman Castle that he got last year from Santa.
J: Wow a Batman castle! I always wanted one.
Later when we discussed he already had one he said he wanted to keep it. I tried to explain we didn't really need two and maybe he could pick something else.
J: Yeah but if we keep it, than my baby can play with the old one and I will keep the new one and then I don't have to share.

Every year my close friends and I get together for ChristmaKuh . The kids all got gifts. Addie got a Barbie and some clothes. As the other Moms were cleaning up I was playing with the kids. Also known as stripping and redressing Barbie. Sammy and Jack came over.
S: I want to play with Barbie.
A: There is only one.
S: I want a Barbie.
J: Me too!
Me: Sammy do you want a Ken so that maybe you can play Barbies with Addie?
S: Yea that would be okay.
J: I want a Ken too!

Jack is capable of taking care of himself in the bathroom. However, periodically he will yell from the bathroom "I'm DONE!!" Which translates to will someone come wipe my butt. We get a big kick out of it, because a larger version of Jack used to do the exact same thing. In the middle of Jack's birthday party we heard a "Daddy! Daddy, I'm done." It progressively got louder and more desperate. Turns out other 4 year olds do the same thing. :)

Needless to say they are keeping us entertained and that doesn't even include the stuff Ryan has been up to. :)

No comments: