Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bugged

Okay in my randomness I started a facebook page. I of course was enjoying all the little doo-dad's etc on which. I discovered through a friends page a former friend who I hooked up with a little in my single days. This individual at one point and time responded to a forward with "Never contact me again." Which was a little out of character but I figured whatever dude.

So time goes by and I see this cat and I do the proverbial friend request. I figure if he doesn't approve me he really meant that....well I was approved. So in a short message I asked how things were and gave him the "What was up with the never contact me-you could have said you didn't like the forward." He responded with the general stuff and also said that it would have been his wife that wrote that, she had left him, stole $26,000 from their checking account and to feel free to contact him.

Now keep in mind that I was not contacting him for more than anything than to say Hi, hows it going etc. I mentioned to the mutual friend this correspondence. She e-d him to say "I'm sorry things aren't going well, etc." (He had made the fact that he and his wife were having problems public in the "What's new section of facebook.) Well the wife emailed my friend and went off about how she didn't know how he was and that he had an affair with ME. Now when we were enjoying each other he told me they were on a break and even if they weren't I don't think a casual hook-up constitutes an affair. Plus did he tell her that? It was 5 years ago....

Then I come home from vacation and he had un-friended me! I am really annoyed by that. I guess because it makes me feel like either she or he or both thought I was going to make a move or something. WHICH I WAS NOT!! We were friends, had things in common, etc. I am happily married which is more than I can say for him. I shouldn't care, I know I am being irrational but I just can't help being bugged.

I guess the moral of the story is those online look up old friends are better left alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess some people are just not worth a friendly hello. Sounds like he was only good for the hook-up!!! :)

~2-E