Saturday, September 13, 2008

PUMPING

As I am impending on the next big adventure....Deuce. I was reminded by a friend about my "favorite" past-time pumping.
Now granted a woman has the choice to buy formula or use the girls. For my first son I used the girls. I had read all the articles about how good it was for the baby, my friends were doing it, it was "natural", etc. The bottom line for me became the bottom line (my husband is wearing off on me). Formula is expensive and if I pumped, we saved money. I figured the money I saved from pumping entitled me to buy myself and Jack treats. Thus the "pumping" adventure began.
My little bugger didn't want to do things naturally at first so all I could do was pump. During this year I became a master at the activity. I did it everywhere.
The black bag became my personal sidekick. I managed to do it under my shirt so the only thing you could see was Madonna like protruding objects and of course my hands there and the "shish, shish, shish" for the entire period. I once pumped during a meeting. Granted it was all ladies, I said I have to take a break and they suggested I just do it there. SOOO we continued to conduct business ad mist the shish,shish, shish. I had countless conversations with friends on the phone. "Are you pumping?" I graded papers while doing this. I sat at my desk working on report cards. That time the custodian walked in and then walked right back out... Another time I sat in the ladies room, on the floor because my battery pack had died and that was the only plug. My friends from college died in hysterics when we were on the way to a bachlorette party in Canada and I pumped. I pumped in my car, friends cars, and a bus. I even pumped while I was driving one time. Needless to say my modesty went out the window and pumping was my life.
I was reminded of this by a friend who shared that someone was on a field trip and had to take their pump. I laughed and smiled at the thought of it. Then I realized I am going to have to do it all again!!!

1 comment:

Tonya M said...

For what it's worth, I used to pump driving to work every morning. Nurse, shower, eat, pump'n'drive up I-96 to 94 to work. Where there's a will, there's a way!