Tuesday, September 16, 2008

trying my patience

So I have entered the world of special education. I have always enjoyed the LD little buggers because they march to a different beat. BUT I will tell you what when you are spending all day with them and just them it is whole different ball game.
One of my little darlings shouted out in class the first week of school "Am I in special ed or not?" Oh yes baby you are!
The same little angel today was trying my patience, actually he has been since about day 3. During ELA I told my students they had to write 2 complete sentences before they could leave for lunch. (Now I know 2 sentences sounds like nothing but I am telling you that was asking for a lot.) "Joey" right away stated "I'm done."
"Let me see. No you are not, you have to write two sentences."
"I did."
"She didn't want a brother, is only one sentence. You need two."
"You don't have to get smart with me."

Excuse me...since when is correcting a student getting smart with them. You my darling are trying my patience. (I of course didn't say this but I wanted to say much, much more. Thank goodness for filters.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad you are a SPEDer now. Isn't it grand what these darlings will do to you? Just add some green snot hanging out the nose and the occasional peeing or pooping of the pants and you are officially in the club. Too bad you can't enjoy the Friday fun times with some libation!!!

~2-e