Tuesday, October 7, 2008

fashion

Those dedicated readers you know that I am with child. I am at that weirdo stage where although I am starting to look pregnant, I don't. I just look fat. Now as a big girl, looking fat is never a good thing. So at all cost I try to avoid that. I have thought of wearing a sign "No, I am not just gaining weight again. There's a baby cooking." But I have opted for no sign.

A good friend reminded me today that it could be worse. You see I teach in a middleschool. The middleschool is a great place to spot fashion mistakes. There was a young lady who is "chubby", her shirt was soo short her fat roll hung out the bottom. Another girl had on solid gold dancer, gold spandex, under way TOOO short shorts. Jeans so tight they can't move have also been spotted lately.

I guess at least I have an excuse! =)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Middle school is always a breeding ground of bad fashion. My personal favorite is the athletic socks with flip flops! I always fought the urge to take one of the flip flops and beat the offender about the head with it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the flip flop fashion statement. It says, "Can I look any more screwed up than I already am?" Trust me when I say....You look great Miss Shanny. At least you don't have the "junk in your trunk" to deal with. You can't even 'fake' pregnant with that. :)

~2-E