Thursday, October 30, 2008

Letting it go

So I hate when I know there are people that don't like me or are even mad at me.

I have had a parent call and complain about me twice now. Apparently I am mean and all I do is yell. Now I will admit I get after this child but it is because it is needed, but I don't think I really YELL at him. When venting to friends they reminded me that this is not really someone that their opinion ranks HIGH on the list. YET this makes me crazy.

I also had someone who I considered to be a very good friend, stop talking to me. I kind of figured it was because I had some how inadvertingly hurt their feelings. Although I know I didn't do it intentionally. So I reached out today hoping that either my gut was wrong or she told me. Well she did. I had said something insensitive. I didn't say it to her, I said it on facebook. I apologized but I feel absolutely horrible.

My mouth has gotten me into trouble before. My emotions get me into trouble. How do I get myself out of it. AND how do I stop feeling guilty? There are lots of people that can just let things roll off their back. I am not one of those people but I wish I could be!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can't let stuff roll off my back either ...

I wondered why you sounded so down today ... you know you can unload on me ANYTIME!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl the parent is psycho. And if the person who WAS your friend is that shallow then they truly weren't your friend to begin with. Any good friend will allow you to say things that sometimes hurt and may be for their own good. Y ou quarrel and then get over it and be friends again. As you can see....I let things roll off my back. Keep your chin up and you have a friend in me!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that last comment was from me!!!

~2-E

Megan said...

You are soooooo wise, 2E